Monday, June 1, 2009

Coos Bay, OR. "The Point"

There are so many beautiful bridges in Oregon, and I will probably photograph them all....

This one is North of North Bend, Or. and our route to the Point...










This beautiful looking wild flower is called Scotch Broom, and Ted was telling me that it was not

a native plant of the coast of Oregon, and was taking over all the vegetation around it.

Being me, I had to check him out......Damn Damn Damn...he was right again....


As you can see, it is pretty invasive......


We found it all over the coast, but some towns/counties are trying to kill it out, and is was less noticeable...


In case you haven't noticed all the trees I have photographed, first reason, is that they are very beautiful, the second is the Jamie (my daughter) wants to come back as a tree....so I'm giving her
all the options of the types of trees she can choose from.


This is taken on a road right on the point, and believe me, if we had not been in Ted's Jeep, we would never have made it.....



1 comment:

Heidi said...

What beautiful country, so glad my mother was able to see all of this. Plus it helps me keep track of her, she's always getting into so much trouble. ;-)

H -